Saturday, November 6, 2010

Michael Alan Bates

October 28th 2010---they said my belly dropped....so we took a picture!


I woke up at around 3 am on Friday the 29th of October...with contractions that lasted 20 sec. and came every 5-7 min. I woke Matt up and we got up around 6:30 and I was still having the contractions but, they hadn't progressed--so we went outside and walked....and walked....making the contractions closer together but shorter. :( after a while we decided that he should go ahead and go on to work, and I would call if anything changed.
By the time Matt got home around 4-ish it was still pretty much the same. But then 5:30 rolls around and I decided to call my Doc. and let her know what was going on...then Tony suggested that I try to change from sitting to laying down to see if the contractions would go away. I stood up and by the time I got to Molly's room to lay down the contractions were 3 min. apart and lasting a whole min. So by six o'clock we hadn't heard back from my Doc. and that is pretty strange for her.......we called again around 6:30 I think.....and told the ER that we were coming in leaving them our cell #.
By the time we left and pulled up to the ER it was 9:00 pm. And when we got to the room it was 9:30.
So anyways....after three pushes around 11:54 PM my sweet little Michael Alan Bates was born.....7 lbs. 12oz and 20 1/2 inches long!!






2 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations, Jenn and Matt! So glad you had a relatively easy birth. That picture of Michael and Landon is just precious!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn! I'm so excited for you! I love the last picture. ;-) I can 't wait to see him in real life. :-)

Love ya,
Su